DISCLAIMER


22 July 2012

two turntables and a microphone?

How about one turntable?

Hookay, so my grandmother has this really cook record player console.  I've always loved it.  Loved the sound coming out of it. Loved the process of using it.  Loved the time spent around it with family.

By the time I was old enough to actually realize how much I appreciated the record player, both my older brother and sister had already laid claim to it.  So being that I have no chance on inheriting it, I've been looking into record players myself.

I started of course with Craig's List.  I soon realized that most record players on Craig's List would need restoration or be waaaaaay out of our price range.  But, I wanted something that looked old/retro/vintage/antique (just pick one).

I then went to trusty Amazon and only found those big clunky wooden looking things that are replicas of something that may have been old.  But to me, they're too gimmicky/fake looking.  Like this one.

Found here. Not my style at all.

I kept googling "record player," "phonograph," and "turntable," but nothing came up that I liked the look of.  I kept thinking, " I've seen a really cool one somewhere, where was that????"  Remembering that it was some kind of store like Anthropologie or something.  Then I remembered, Urban Outfitters.

So quickly I went to the UO website and started looking.  Sure enough.  There it was.  Perfect color and everything.

LOVE!
I love just about everything about this record player.  Color, style, simplicity. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

But then I started wondering about it.  All the reviews are great.  But it doesn't have a am/fm radio.  So it's got my hung up.  Should I go with something like this?

Found here.
This guy has some pretty decent ratings and all the bells and whistles, while still being affordable.  But it's missing the style.

Sigh, what to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment