DISCLAIMER


07 November 2011

On being girly....


I’ve never been one to be girly… I mean, I do bathe…and wash my hair every day.  But it takes me literally 25 minutes from the time I step into the bathroom, until I’m fully dressed and ready to go.

However, to my surprise, I have become interested in painting my nails.  But not like hot pink or any pink for that matter…dark colors.  I’ve discovered that, even though it may be expensive, OPI nail polish seems to dry quickly and stay on pretty well.  I made the mistake of buying a Dior nail polish because I LOVED the color.  Come to find out that it is thick, gloppy, and the application brush just plain sucks.  Then I found the same color in OPI and kicked myself for not doing more research, how unlike me!

Since, I have bought three more OPI dark colors.  I have “Get in the espresso lane,” which was the first color I tried.  It is kind of deceiving because it’s a pretty dark brown in the bottle, but for all intents and purposes looks pure black when dry on your fingers, UNLESS you’re holding your hand directly under a bright light.


Then I bought the three others,
“You don’t know Jacques”

“Ski teal we drop”


“Houston we have a purple”

and “Houston we have a purple,” which looked so much darker in the bottle, but came out pretty bright (and thin) in the actual paint.  I think next weekend I want to try and get a couple more colors.  The place I got the last three didn’t have very many and I wanted to see “A-taupe the space needle,” “Suzi loves cowboys,” and I’m still looking for a grey that I like.  I don’t want metallic just can’t find what I’m looking for yet.

So that is my adventure in being girly for now…we’ll see if anything else comes up in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I get OPI at the beauty supply store...have since beauty school! I'm a dark color girl, myself! Go for it! I'm tempted to get the teal color you did! So pretty! I suggest using a base and top coat plus two coats of color...it stays really well and won't stain your nails.

    ReplyDelete