DISCLAIMER


02 January 2012

Words for 2012


I know today is already the third day of 2012 and how you plan to start something new should have already been thought about.  But I didn’t.  New Years Eve, one of our gracious hosts, Matt Ludlum, kept asking everyone in our party our predictions, goals, etc. for 2012.  Even then, I didn’t really take it seriously. 
It wasn’t until our drive “home” from Austin that I really began to think about 2012.  Some of the questions that Matt asked kept going through my mind and I began to think about what I wanted in 2012.  Some of my answers on New Years Eve remain true.  To live in the same town with my husband.  To get a job that I can enjoy.  But those were for 2011 as well.  Ed and I talked a lot about some of the things I want for 2012, mostly to do with photography.  We were able to set a 2,000$ a year “budget” for my photographic needs.  This year’s was easily “spent”: Photoshop, Logo, new lens.  However, I still wasn’t really thinking toooo much about 2012.
I was perusing facebook and someone gave the prompt: Give one word for 2012.  It wasn’t until I read the words, that I really felt inspired.  Below are the ones that spoke to me the most.

Flourish
Sparkle
Joy
Hope
Believe
Positive
Adventure
Nurture
Courage
New
Commitment
Growth
Persevere
Cherish
Change
Prepare
Listen
Inspire
Learn

I think over the next few whatevers, days, weeks, months, the year 2012 (when I have time), I’m going to pick one of these words, “define” it for me, and find it for 2012.  So rather than making New Years Resolutions, I’m making a 2012 bucket-list of sorts.
So, for starters, I’m going to go with Adventure and Commitment.

Adventure:  After visiting Austin I realized that I needed to see more of the world.  As the world isn’t exactly affordable at the time, the United States will do.  I’ve been saying for years that I need to travel more in the U.S.  So our first adventure of 2012 is already planned.  Ed has been there already, but I have not, so it still works for me.  Colorado in March!

Commitment:  Now this can go many ways, and like I said, I’m defining this for me (although I still have multiple venues to commit to).  First, I commit to making me a better, healthier, happier person.  Part of that is doing all I can to be back with my husband, find a job that I can say I love, and getting healthier.  Now that’s a big task, so if it takes a little longer than just the year 2012, that’s fine.  But as lone as I keep working towards that, I’ll consider it met! 
My talk with Ed on the way back to Austin also made me realize that I want to give my photography a bigger commitment.  A commitment to learn more, better my photography skills, and did I mention learn more?  I want to learn as much as possible and lose the fear I have of screwing it up. 

I think if I can do these two things, I will have already knocked off a few more words on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment