DISCLAIMER


18 June 2013

So I've...


turned into an old man.



Not really.  But I’ve started taking so many vitamins, that I have to have one of those old man, take your pill, vitamin/pill organizers.  Before I got it, I wasn’t taking all my vitamins like I should have been.  Keep in mind though; I hadn’t (and still haven’t) gotten them all yet.  Lacking two, come on Amazon.com!

What am I taking and why am I taking so many vitamins?  Here’s the list.

Rainbow Light, Certified Organics, Prenatal Multivitamin:  No I’m not pregnant (read previous posts).  According to the last two doctors I’ve seen, women who want to get pregnant should already be on a prenatal.  Even though this is a multivitamin, it is not a one-a-day.  Meaning I have to take 3-4 of them a day.  But they have all the suggested amounts and correct vitamins and minerals.  It just about covers all the bases.

B-Complex with Vitamin C:  Even though the prenatal has a lot of the B’s in it, it was still recommended that I add the B-Complex.  I’m a vegetarian and just don’t get enough. 

Flaxseed Oil and Fish Oil: mmmmm omega 3’s.  Even though they are both Omega 3’s, they have different content.  Both recommended, so cheers to oil!

The next few are all to maximize fertility.

Wheat Grass:  Great for fertility, contains more Folic Acid and fights a lot of the problems that can cause infertility.

Evening Primrose Oil:  Also great for women who are not trying to get pregnant.  Supposed to do wonders for your skin.  But also helps the uterus when trying to conceive.


These next ones are supposed to really give your fertility a kick.  We shall see what happens. 
Royal Jelly
DHA
L-Arginine
Chaste Berry Extract (or Vitex)

A lot of people swear by the Royal Jelly and also the combination of L-Arginine and Chaste Berry Extract.

The first week I only took the prental and B-Complex.  I felt like I was on crack.  Like, literally.  Obvisouly, I’m not getting something in my diet.  Second week, things started to even out and I started adding the others.  I’m still waiting on the Royal Jelly and DHA.  I might just go get some and screw Amazon.com.

I feel a lot more energized and I can get stuff done now.  I actually do things, instead of just thinking about doing them.  Like…laundry. Heh.  Such big accomplishments.  But I’m feeling more like a person.  Like I can actually do stuff again.  The vitamins, plus continually choosing better foods throughout the day, along with working on Couch 2 5k (C25k…I will be a runner jogger yet!), have really helped and hopefully this will all continue!

Oh and I really like my big, old man, vitamin organizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment