DISCLAIMER


06 June 2013

We're going...


green? (ish)

After reading the Making Babies book, I started really thinking about just how many chemicals we are exposed to on a daily basis and if it is actually necessary.  The book tells a lot of how these chemicals can impact fertility and that if you can cut some out, you should try to.

I’m slowly going to weed out a lot of our harsher, more chemical, products as well as try to pair down and live more simply and even organic.

The first thing I decided on doing was giving away my fingernail polish collection.  Yes. Collection.  Over the last two years, I have been a fingernail polish snob and have been collecting both Essie and OPI nail polish.  Even though nail polish (and most things that go along with it) have chemicals in it no matter how natural it is, I have read a lot that says that you can cut some of those chemicals out by using brands that have fewer chemicals.

So I gave the whole collection away and went to Whole Foods and bought three new natural nail polishes, as well as a base- and topcoat (same brand).

We were also running out of body wash, shampoo, and face soap.  I did some (not a lot) of research and have always heard that Dr. Bronner’s has an all in one Castile soap.  It says on the bottle that it has 18 purposes.  It’s interesting, I’ll have to update more thoroughly later.

Before I realized that Dr. Bronner’s could be used for household cleaning, I had bought Mrs. Meyers all-purpose cleaner as well.

So that’s all I’ve done so far.  I’ll give an update as we use the products and find out if we like them or not, as well as any new products we try out.  I’m looking into switching my makeup out, laundry detergent, and any other daily use products.

We’ll see how this all goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment