DISCLAIMER


12 March 2014

Update on New Year’s Goals

So back in this post, I talking about things that I wanted to do this year, mostly to improve myself. 

I’ve been better at not picking on my face, but still not great.

I haven’t gotten any dental work done, but I have started flossing EVERY night and I just bought one of those fancy toothbrushes and it seems to be getting my teeth cleaner, which I’m happy about.

Running:  Well, I feel on my hurt knee on some crappy ice, so still no running.  But the weather is warming up, so we’ll see what happens.

Lose weight.  Well, I did start WW with my sister.  I have lost some weight, but every time I cheap for just one meal, the weight seems to come right back.  But I feel better about what I eat.  I’m feeling better about cooking as well.  I think it’s a start to getting things on the right track.

I’ve still been cutting the negativity.  I feel a lot lighter and less stressed.  It’s been really good.

I did get my CO teaching license, so I’m ready to start applying for jobs, wooooot!

I’ve lifted weights all but two times with Ed.  Those two times, I was sick.  So, I feel excused. :P

We’re still going to yoga, although our yoga place is closing.  We’re thinking of getting our yoga instructor to come to us, if it’s not too expensive.  We have a little studio at our apartment complex, so it could work.

I’ve quit buying cheap stuff for the apartment.  I have been able to get a couple nice things a crystal vase, some of our wedding china, and one setting of silverware.

I’ve been talking to my family more often.  I have a weekly check-in with my sister for WW and I call my parents at least once a week.  I’ve also been writing to my grandmother.  It’s hard for her to hear on the phone, so writing works better.  Also, I love how it feels a little Downton Abbey–esque when I get her letters.

We’ve been looking into buying a house.  Still realizing that everything in CO is out of our price range and we’ll probably never really be able to buy.  But we’re still dreaming.

Annnnd I’m probably still complaining (although, less) about stuff.


So for it being only March, I think I’m doing pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment